Tuesday, October 30, 2007

one of these kids is not like the others...

so the sad reality hit me the other night. i never receive phone calls from my lovely sisters-i can't imagine why. their blogs are the only connection i have with them it seems. anyway, i admire my sisters so very much. they are such talented, domestic, classy, beautiful, fun, kind, motherly girls. it makes it hard for a man to find a girl he likes when he has such a high standard as my sisters. so i sat on the couch and looked over their blogs. ashley recently moved and has very aesthetically decorated her kitchen. she made some delicious looking homemade grape juice not long ago. kathryn recently made a tshirt for maggie with no pattern and sewed a halloween costume for cash. erin has quite the green thumb in her garden and just blogged about her wonderful recipes. sarah is quite the seamstress herself with the new fall edition of her baby bibs and is always in style with her clothing and hair. then i clicked on a link to my blog, and hung my head in shame. indeed, one of these smith kids is not like the others.

5 comments:

kathryn said...

yeah, jo-nat... i can think of some very OBVIOUS PHYSICAL attributes that make you extremely different from all your sisters.

and hey, let's be honest, you were always mom's favorite because you're the only boy. the rest of us sisters had to fight for attention and recognition (except for ashley who was dad's favorite) which is exactly why we all now have blogs to shamelessly slather the internet with posts of our very normal lives hoping to get a congratulatory pat on the back, calling out to someone, anyone... fishing for compliments via our computer screens. Meanwhile, you have the knowledge that even though you live TWO STATES AWAY from your mother, if you called her to say you were having waffles for breakfast, she'd drive up to cut the waffles for you, wipe the syrup off your chin when you were done, and then do your dishes while making you 10 batches of cookies. I guess what I'm trying to say is, and I speak for all of my sisters because I know they all feel this way (I totally don't, by the way, I blog for the fun of it) if you want to talk to your sisters as badly as you claim in your post, call mommy and have her put you through to us.

Erin said...

All you have to do is take a look at the picture below and that statement is obvious!

Celiece said...

Nathan just informed me that even when you were 12 you would still ask your mom to cut your waffles because she could cut them fast and special. Thats cute Jonathan, almost as cute as the young family, minus Megan, still calling Jim and Shannon Mommy and Daddy.

ashley said...

Jonathan you have talent too. I finally just watched the inspiration for your fabulous performance at our Mills Family Reunion Talent Show. I think next time you really need to wear tight white pants. POP! goes my heart!

And isn't Erin dad's favorite?

Meg Duffy said...

omg... i want to see that Mills family reunion talent show