Sunday, January 13, 2008

ode to oregon

sunset

road

llamas

llamas

tractor

post

foggy sunset



abbey & lion



it was a lie. i didn't want it to be. but somewhere deep inside i knew it wasn't true. "to oregon?" mrs. cole asked. "yep, this summer. it's for sure." the lie was perpetuated year after year. every summer, after coming home from our oregon vacation, my hopeful childhood dream of moving to oregon was again renewed. do you blame me? even after the parents bought the seven acres? i even remember my mother making preliminary sketches of our house. my room was going to overlook the creek. and you must understand, a childhood dream- living in the country, blackberry vines abound full of nature's delicious treats, a creek to swim and fish in, the sweet aroma of a freshly cut hay field, and living down the lane from grandma's house that's full of tasty delights. was it a lie? i like to think that perhaps it was an earnest supplication, a hope of things to come.
now i am in my twenty-fourth year. my parents are finally going to move to oregon. well, my childhood is over. it has dissolved into young adulthood, but my boyhood dreams of one day living in oregon are yet alive. still, upon returning to oregon, those dreams become that much more real to me.
over christmas break i visited the beautiful oregon. i took these pictures to share some of it with you. isn't it beautiful? enchanting.

6 comments:

Celiece said...

I've lived in Utah my whole life and your pictures and descriptions made me want to pack up and move. It looks beautiful!

Meg Duffy said...

It does look spectacular. I never knew.

kathryn said...

wow, jonat. i'm so impressed. your picture taking skills are really coming along. in fact, i think i'm going to have to put in an order for some blown up versions of a few of these. the black and white of the road, for example, and also perhaps the first black and white of the tree and the tractor. oh, and i definately want a copy of the post. very cool. makes me want to be walking down the lane to grandma's house. love that place. so many wonderful memories.

p.s. i will call you for dinner sometime?

Erin said...

Wow, I've never seen such artsy pictures of our Oregon. Don't tell me you took these with your phone! They really are beautiful pictures. I'm jealous that you got to go up there. I want to go so bad to visit Ash and all the fam up there.

john said...

oh so is this jonathan's online order site? i think i wanna place an order also.

1 b&w lane
1 b&w tree and post
1 b&w foggy sunset
1 b&w tree and tractor

thanks! :) ill settle with email copies. they really are neat pics. good job mcj.

Unknown said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Dani and Stephanie's roommate. These pictures are beautiful! I wish I lived in Oregon sometimes. I've never even been there. Someday.

Also, I love the post about Audrey Hepburn. She's great.